Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Biting the Bullet

I did it. I bit the bullet and wrote a check to pay off my car today. There were 2 years of payments remaining. I have also paid off both my personal and business credit cards. I'm about 2 months away from being totally debt free. I'm a littel scared about parting with the cash. I'm not going to starve or live on the streets any time soon.

I have a taste for credit and I want to break myself of it.

Dave Ramsey would be very proud of me. :) So, I do believe the next step, once this is all done, is to begin using my debit card for all purchases. That means, if I ain't got the money, I can't make the purchase. More discipline.

2 comments:

SunWolf said...

Dang! I am jealous. I hate debt! I'm working on getting rid of it. I have my goal list and "Debt free in five years" (except house mortgage) is second, right after "Lose five pounds by Christmas." Sometimes I think the Debt Free goal is easier than the Lose Five goal...

Margo said...

Congrats!!! And I am soooo jealous too! I think I'm on the 5 year debt free plan... And not even going to comment on the lose weight plan! ;-)