Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hello, Friend

It's raining this afternoon. Not just a little sprinkle but a real shower with dollops of lightning and thunder here and there. It rained in the morning last Monday, which was the first time we saw rain since Ike. It didn't last long and I happened to be out in it at the time.

But this rain, this is my beloved afternoon rain that I've missed so much. For the last 4 or 5 years we were kissed by rain showers every afternoon from June through July but for some reason, not this summer. This summer the afternoon showers were scarce and I felt robbed. I felt as though the earth was alienating me from her affections.

I don't know how to explain it but afternoon showers feed my soul. Today, I mix it with a nice cup of coffee and my French music playing in the background.

I'm in a very good place right now. My soul is being soothed and rejuvenated. I feel like I'm one with the earth.

Ah, but alas, it could be short lived.... the sun is poking its head through the clouds already. It's just as well. I do have things I need to do today and I would prefer not doing them in the rain.

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys the rain. My only wish is that I had worked from home yesterday, it's so much easier to enjoy the weather when I'm in my home office instead of work hell.

A Girl From Texas said...

Yes, I agree hundred percent.