Monday, September 11, 2006

Deal of the Century

Ok, some of you might not be as excited about this as I am but I just had to blog about it.

Since my clientele has just moved up a couple of notches and I feel I need to have a much better understanding of the issues in money, marketing and real estate, in order to appear to know what I'm talking about, I decided to subscribe to the online edition of the Wall Street Journal. The online edition is $79 annually. Now that's a pretty good deal but that's not the "deal of the century".

THIS is the deal of the century. If I upgrade my subscription to $99/annually, I can have the print edition delivered to my doorstep. That, my friends, is the deal of the century.

After I signed up last week I thought maybe I misunderstood. This morning, was my first delivery, waiting on my doorstep.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Is that daily delivery? Heck it cost twice that to get the local paper delivered here.. That is a great deal.

How the heck can they afford to do that?

A Girl From Texas said...

Yes, it's daily delivery. Normally the subscription for delivery is about $300 annually.

I have a feeling that more and more people have opted for the online version and that has slowed down circulation. They have to keep the circulation going.

The Chronicle is now offering Sunday delivery ONLY. For the same reason. Circulation is down.