Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tourists

I find it interesting how people come upon my site and with this cool site tracking device, thanks to Freebird, I'm able to see just what lures people to my site. The most interesting visits are those who pass through my site by googling something. It's almost like their tourists travelling through.

The post that pulls the most visits to my blog is the one I did on how women used to self induce abortions. If one is so inclined to read it, here is the link. People aren't googling "self induced" abortions, they are googling the methods listed in the post.

These searches are coming from all over the world and I often wonder if these are women who are trying to self induce or if these are people who are just doing research on the subject. My hope is that it is the latter.

I've had people find me by googling the poem that is recited in Nights in White Satin by Moody Blues. You know, the one that begins with "Breathe deep the gathering gloom, Watch lights fade from every room, etc." I actually posted only the last stanza of that poem.

I've had two people from two totally different parts of the world within two days of one another google one of my movie quotes. It was the one from Dances with Wolves: "Dances With Wolves. I am Wind In His Hair! Do you see that I am your friend!? Can you see that you will always be my friend!?"

I always wonder about the people who come across my site this way. I want to know what they are looking for and what inspired them to search. What was their final destination?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want! share the wealth

Freebird said...

I'm glad people are visiting other sites from mine. I really want to entirely redo my blog look but don't know how and don't wanna pay anyone to do it, but when I do I'm going to put up link to all my buddies sites. :-)

I always wonder about the people who read my blog but don't comment. Who are they? Why do they read? I really wish they would email me and introduce themselves.

The post that brought me lots of google traffic had to do with a male stripper. Go figure.

A Girl From Texas said...

Nic, go to sitemeter.com

Freebird, I know what you mean about the lurkers. They're consistent though. I sort of like having them but I have to agree it would be nice to know them and hear from them.

Anonymous said...

Blogger beta makes formatting my blog a lot easier freebird... my attention span doesn't last long enough to learn html. They also make it easy to instal widgets without ever looking at the html :) - you should give it a try

Freebird said...

Thanks Nic. The only thing I know about beta blogger it what other bloggers have written about. I think I'll wait until the kinks get worked out. :-)

A Girl From Texas said...

I'm building a blog for my friend John in the Beta version. So, I'll see how it goes.