Sunday, January 07, 2007

Mirabelle

Last night I watched a wonderful movie called Shopgirl. I thought it was fantastic. The name of the main character is Mirabelle. What a cute name for a girl.

Anyway, I've been thinking about this movie all day.

So this morning, I'm showing a house to a client. Her name is Linda and she's inspecting the living room. I'm in the kitchen and I think of something to point out to her. I address her as Mirabelle when I make my statement. She had a funny look on her face and I realize that I called her Mirabelle. I apologized and explained that I saw the movie and really liked it and that I've been thinking about it all day. It was a fun moment.

So later this evening, I was showing a totally different property to a totally different customer. She met me at the property with a friend. As we were walking through the property I realize I didn't introduce myself to her friend. So, I turn to her, apologize for my oversight and introduce myself.

She looked at me, smiled, and told me her name was Mirabelle. What are the odds, really?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work with a guy whose daughter is named Mirabelle. I think it might be Mira Belle, actually.

A Girl From Texas said...

I don't know very many of them that's for sure. But that was really very strange. I'm sure I'm not spelling it all right but the gist is there.

Freebird said...

That is strange. BTW, I thought it was a great movie too.

A Girl From Texas said...

wow, we posted at the same time.

A Girl From Texas said...

By the way Nora, I've been trying to post on yours and other blogs but since I've switched it seems complicated. The new "beta" blog is very frustrating.