Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Cave toy

I love my little home and I love spending time in it. My friends call it "the cave" because I lock myself in when I need a reprieve from everyone. Ro will be out with friends and they'll inquire as to my whereabouts and she'll say, "she's locked in her cave watching movies" or something like that.

So anyway, she and I are going on a cruise this month and I'm very excited about it. One of the things I want to do is be in shape. I don't have to be a skinny bitch, it wouldn't hurt, but I want to feel good about my health. And lately, I haven't been feeling so good about it. I try to address the weight gain by addressing onlly the food intake but I really need to be exercising, too.

I'm reluctant to join a gym because I'm concerned I'll spend all that money and not use it.

Today, I purchased a new toy. It is a device for my bike so that it will remain stationary while I ride it. I've seen them before and I've been wanting one. So now, my cave offers a place for me to work out.
As some of you may remember, I broke the cable piece off of my t.v. and I don't have a DVR or any other device hooked up through the other electronic orifices available on my t.v. So, I need entertainment while I ride my bike and I've already seen all of my DVDs.

I set up a little place on one of my bench tables for my laptop so that I can run CNN videos while I work out. I click on one video and they continue to run in sequence so I can catch up on the day's events while I exercise on my bike. I have PC speakers set up there and everything. I can even play my i-pod through the speakers if I were so inclined.

I'm hoping I can get into the routine of riding this bike and exercising. I can do it any time if I'm so inclined.

I really think I should get my t.v. going again, though, so that I can cycle and watch Judge Judy. It's been a while since I've watched her show.

1 comment:

SunWolf said...

From one homebody to another, I love your little house, too, with it's great "cave"...and your two cave cats and cave bird...it's fun to visit you.