Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Bizarre Moment

This afternoon my colleagues, Drew and Eric, and myself went to Baba Yaga's for lunch. We chose Baba Yaga's because today's weather was Splendific and they provide outdoor seating and we very much wanted to sit outside. Luckily, we arrived in time to sit outside.

We were sitting directly underneath the awning which I thought was quite convenient because it soon became aparent that there were squirrels in the trees above as we heard the shell pieces of pecans drop onto the awning and then slide down to the ground behind us. It was perfect.

We were enjoying our meal together and I was half-way through my wonderful "roast beef" sandwich smothered with melted provolone cheese when suddenly out of no where a fly dive bombed onto my sandwich. I tried to swoosh it away with my hands but it just crawled on my sandwich. I swooshed again and then it proceeded to burrow itself into the depths of my sandwhich where it just curled up and died.

WTF? That is just friggin disgusting, which is what I proclaimed! Thankfully, Baba Yaga's deducted the sandwich from my bill. In return, I ordered dessert as did my colleagues, which is so uncustomary of them. So indeed, we made up for their kindness.

But really, isn't that just totally bizarre?

3 comments:

eaf said...

You may want to consult your cards on that one. If ever there was a bad omen, that HAS to be it! YUCK!

A Girl From Texas said...

OMG, I never never thought of that! Ewe... I wonder what kind of omen that could be.

Freebird said...

Eww! That's just really gross. Glad they didn't make you pay for that.