Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving friends

I have a friend who recently bought one of those cute 3 story patio home/town homes that are popping up all over Rice Military. So, now that she has this cute place, she loves to entertain, so this is her second Thanksgiving. I love spending Thanksgiving with her and friends. I've known most of these people for at least 4 or 5 years.

Last year, things got heated at Thanksgiving because one of her guests HATES Bush. And at that time, I was still supporting him pretty strongly. As I have been sharing over time here, I'm not really feeling much support for the man. So this Thanksgiving, though I didn't bash him, I did share with my "opponent" why my support of the man was waning. My friend was quite impressed and confessed that though he hates Bush, he does support many Republicans and isn't really as liberal as he may have appeared. He just hates Bush. When he left the dinner party, he came up to me and said that knowing that I've come to this point leaves him with hope for the future. Interesting.

I had such a good time this year. I like these friends and I need to work very hard at spending time with them moving forward.

Ok, that's all I have to write. I'm sleepy and I have a headache.

1 comment:

Freebird said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.