Friday, January 27, 2006

So, whatever happened to that guy?

For those of you who have followed my blog, you might remember my mentioning that I was going to contact a guy from my past. I posted about it here.

Well I decided not to send the Christmas card.

WHY?! you ask, especially after what the cards said.

Well, I'll tell you why. The last time he and I had any dialogue with one another was 1997 or 1998 (I forget). He lives about 1 mile from me. We probably use the same grocery stores, pharmacies, fast food etc. And not once during these past 8 years have we crossed paths. I think that's a pretty strong sign, don't you. If he and I are supposed to see one another, fate would have brought us together by now.

So, anyway, that's how it all turned out. If I want to change my mind, I can always send him a card on his birthday. I think it's in May.

4 comments:

Freebird said...

Chicken! J/K. I didn't want to ask, but I wondered if you sent the card. I can't believe you haven't run into him. Maybe he moved.

Too bad you don't have a dog cause that would give you an excuse to take a stroll around the neighborhood.

A Girl From Texas said...

Nope, didn't move. I looked up the tax records and he still owns his house and I've googled him a few times. He has an unusual name and he's involved in local cycling events recently.

Yes, I've often thought of getting a dog *sigh*.

Cathy said...

I love the new avatar! From what I've read it suits you well.

This guy is only a mile away. Can't you take up jogging, at least for one day or however many days it takes? Maybe a brisk walk is called for? Heck he is almost close enough to open the back door and holler for. Unbelievable that the two of you haven't run into each other.

I'm not sure it's a sign you shouldn't contact him though. Maybe it's the universe testing you, putting you in a position to have to work for it.

Amy said...

Maybe it was fate that led you to clean out your closet and find the journals and the entries on him. Well, fate and your friend moving. Maybe fate will only take you so far - it's up to you to do the rest.