Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another new toy for Mama!

Yes indeedy! I finally got me a camera. So, I thought I would start with a photo of my quilt. Below you will see the squares I have completed thus far. The hoop is on the square I'm currently working on.


I have a lot of work still left to do. I have many squares that still need quilting work.

Below is a close of up Sun Bonnet Sue. I am quilt stitching butterflies; in this square I have embroidered 2 butterflies. This square is special because the black fabric comes from a quilt my sister Diane is doing. So, I have embroidered her name on this square as well.



Isn't she cute? She is the ONLY square with two embroidered butterflies. All the other little girls have only one. The embroidered butterflies are in different areas of each square.
Each girl has the same blue bonnet.
Here, below is Overall Joe. I am quilt stitching little fish and the embroidered fish are in different phases of jumping out of the water. In some cases you only see splashed water where the fish is supposed to be.
Each Joe has a blue blue shirt that matches Sue's bonnet. Each Sue has a different skirt and there is an overall Joe whose overalls match her.
I can't wait to finish this quilt. It needs to be washed.
Boy did it take a long time to load these photos.

6 comments:

Freebird said...

The quilt looks great. I'm sure lots of time/love went into it. Do you watch tv while you're quilting?

Yay on the camera! Will we be seeing a picture of your bird soon?

A Girl From Texas said...

Yes I think a Musetta post would be quite appropriate!

Yes, I quilt while watching t.v. Although, I have to confess that I don't watch as much t.v. as I used to. I broke myself of it over the summer. I watch Sunday and Thursday night.

I have a lot to do on this quilt, though. I think the cold months will motivate me to finish it.

Anonymous said...

The quilt is gorgeous! Do you hand-stitch or use a sewing machine or a combination of the two? What a great hobby - the end result is totally worth all the hard work!

A Girl From Texas said...

I am hand sewing the quilt stitching. The appliques were sewn by hand but I went back over each one with the machine. The squares are sewn together by machine.

Cathy said...

I don't even know what to say about this. I'm in awe of anyone who can do that kind of work. It's an art form and you have done a beautiful job.

A Girl From Texas said...

I'm not finished, yet. I have a ways to go.