Thursday, November 09, 2006

The end isn't right

I watched Desperate Housewives last Sunday and it's on again tonight. There is something about the end that bothers me. This is only going ot make sense if you saw it. If you didn't see it and you plan on seeing it (you can do so at www.abc.go.com) then this will spoil it for you.

They kill the woman at the end of the episode. There isn't any reason to do so; she's unarmed.

She gets hit in the head with a can of food and drops the gun. Then she gets into a struggle with someone. Then a person standing by picks up the gun and shoots her in the head. Why? It wasn't necessary. The woman is about 50 something so it should be pretty easy for one or two people to restrain her.

There was no need to kill her and it bothers me that they did it that way.

2 comments:

Freebird said...

I'm usually hit/miss with that show, but I saw that part. D.H. isn't what it used to be, that's for sure. Did you recognize the woman as Jackie who used to play Rosanne's sister on the Rosanne Barr show?

Anonymous said...

I don't even watch it anymore. I felt it was a chore last year. I was relieved this year when they switched Cold Case to run against it, so I don't have to even pretend to watch.