Saturday, November 04, 2006

If you're happy and you know it.......

Musetta, my little umbrella cockatoo, loves peanuts. She'll do just about anything for a peanut, even a stale peanut. She doesn't seem to like peanut butter though. I think because it's messy.

One time, way back when, I shared some of my spaghetti with her. In order to do so, I had to sit on the floor and put some in a little bowl for her. She likes to eat what I eat sometimes. Anyway, after eating a couple of sauce covered strands of spaghetti, she walked over to me and wiped off her beak on my blue jeans. So, I'm pretty sure that peanut butter just looks and feels very messy to her.

But when it comes to peanuts, all you have to do is say the word and she stops whatever important thing she is doing and comes to full attention.

I made up this little song that I sing to her sometimes. It goes to the tune of the song "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands."

So my little song goes:

If you say the word peanut, you better mean it.
If you say the word peanut, you better mean it.
If you say the word peanut, by god you better mean it.
If you say the word peanut you better mean it.

Yeah. I definitely need a life.

2 comments:

Freebird said...

That's so cute. Does she roam around out of her cage a lot?

A Girl From Texas said...

Yes she does but she doesn't wander away from her cage. She feels very safe on and around her cage. She is really a very sweet bird and she loves and adores men, more than peanuts.