Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting back to normal

Well, things are certainly getting back to normal around here. Unfortunately, my part of Houston is not supposed to have power until after Monday. I'm so glad I do have it.

Last night, at 1:00 a.m., I heard a train. I love trains and I missed hearing them come through. The cars going up and down Studewood are pretty regular now. People are out and about driving and riding bikes. Life is happening.

I had internet trouble all day until just about 30 minutes ago; and I'm still having some problems with my cell but I think it's coming to an end and I can receive calls as I should.

I'm bored. So is my friend, John. I hooked up and met with him at Onion Creek for a beer this afternoon. He had his laptop and was writing up an article for Spec's. He types with one finger. It's quite amusing to watch him. That isn't one finger from each hand, either. It's ONE finger.

He's been writing for a long time. He was a journalist before he became a food writer. He's written plays, musicals, cookbooks and books about food. This is his latest book. He had been working on it all year.

So, anyway, I'm ready to get back to work. I've enjoyed my break very much and am thankful for the time off.

No comments: