Thursday, May 25, 2006

La vie en rose!

My friend, Dennis, and I had a wonderful dinner together at a restaurant here in Houston called Cafe Montrose. It is a delightful little authentic Belgian restaurant. The food is very tasty and very, well, Belgian. And our waiter was soooo cute. And yes, he was authentic too. I just didn't get the opportunity to inquire as to whether he was Belgian or French. The French LOVE to make fun of the Belgians. Belgians are the butt of their jokes as Aggies are the butt of our jokes.

My closing on the fourplex was the 23rd. Everything went soooo smoothly. I would hope that all my future closings could be so easy. I deposited the check today and then immediately wrote checks to Mastercard. :( I ended up striking a nice friendship with buyer and will be having lunch with her next week. I'm really looking forward to it, she is such a nice lady.

I had the final meeting this evening with the developer we will be partnering with. Everything went really smoothly there, too. The president of our company feels comfortable with me, so he let me fly solo. I was able to close the deal on my own. And I was able to negotiate an acceptable deal for all parties.

So, this evening's meal was half celebration - half closure on an almost perfect day. What wasn't perfect about it? I don't know, I'm just afraid to call it perfect....

2 comments:

Freebird said...

Congrats! :-) Thanks again for the advice earlier this week. Its good to know some people know about these things cause I surely don't.

A Girl From Texas said...

I was afraid I was getting too involved. My adrenaline was going up and I was going into rescue mode. I had to pull back.

I'm glad things worked out for you. Now we get to hear about your arch nemesis.... :)