Thursday, May 04, 2006

To take or not to take.

I have a fourplex for sale inside the loop. I have to accompany showings, so any time another realtor wants to show, I have to be there. Yesterday I met a Realtor and his customer at the property so he could show it to her.

I had never walked through to the back of the property but apparently, there is a grapefruit tree in the back. And it had many grapefruits ready for the picking. The residents said they never really eat the fruit, apparently it isn't that good. I suspect the tree probably needs plant food to produce sweet fruit but I'm not really sure.

So after they toured the property, I noticed that they helped themselves to the fruit. I think he took two and his client took four. The owner doesn't live on the property, so the owner doesn't know. And I know that the owner wouldn't care, either. But these people just assumed it was ok to take the fruit without asking me. I don't know how I feel about this. What do you think?

3 comments:

Chris said...

I think it was very rude of them to take the fruit. They shouldn't have done it. Just my opinion, though.

A Girl From Texas said...

I think it was in bad form, too. And it was a John Daugherty realtor which is even worse because they are one of the more respected agencies in Houston.

Freebird said...

At the very least they could have asked you since you know the person selling, but its still bad form.