Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 1 - no tv

Ok, so yesterday was my first day without tv. Last night, I napped and then started a book. It's titled "The Tin Roof Blowdown" by James Lee Burke. I stayed up very late reading it and am half-way through. I hope to finish it by tonight.

My friend John, the foodwriter, has books sent to him all the time. I think way back when during his days with API he reviewed books. So publishing companies keep sending them to him. He has this basket in his home filled with books. So, whenever I need a good read, I go to him. He is the one who turned me onto Patricia Cornwell.

I really think I like the idea of breaking myself altogether of tv. I do see how I could benefit from cable, especially with HGTV where I could learn and understand how to re-do houses. Since my market is in the older section of Houston, being able to help my clients see how they can redo a small closet or open up a kitchen might very well be worth it. I think first, I break the habit, then I acquire cable.

I'm so excited about my sister's new dog, Kira. I hope she posts pics soon. It won't be until Christmas that I actually get to meet Kira but I have to say, I'm looking forward to it.

Ok, that' s all I have to report on the home front.

1 comment:

SunWolf said...

I can't wait til you meet Kira, too! I wish you could have seen her when I met her. She was a wild child! And now, she is turning into the most wonderful almost-relaxed dog. She's coming along nicely. I love her, love her, love her! I think you will, too!

I haven't watched much TV lately either...I mean, I HAVE a TV, but I've been so busy with Kira that I haven't really watched it. I like it!