Sunday, September 11, 2005

Aftermath Blues

Now that the Katrina event is over and we are dealing with its aftermath, I seem to be feeling really blue. There is something about the way the entire thing transpired that has really left me feeling depressed. Most of it has to do with the way the media portrayed it and the underhanded tactics of politicians hoping to use it as leverage over the White House.

I'm not defending Bush here, I'm just stating that I'm sick, really, really sick, of the naysayers who want to just keep America in a bad place so that they can win an election in a couple of years.

I have said on several occasions here that I have been disappointed with Bush regarding his relationship with the Religious Right. He has given them way to much power and I have issue with this. I think his aligning with them as tightly as he has bothers a lot of people and the result is that he is getting less backing for his agendas. But this is the extent of my frustration with him.

No comments: