Saturday, September 24, 2005

Rita's arriving

Well, we started to see the beginnings of Rita around 6:00 p.m. this evening. It really staretd as clouds and a breeze. Then around 9:30. It started getting a little rougher.

From about 2:00 to 9:30 I watched movies with my neighbor: Crash, The Longest Yard & Erin Brakovich. Then, at 10:00 I went out and hung out with my neighbors in the gazebo. At this time the wind was picking up. I have no idea how high they were.

One of my neighbors, Jeanette, is having a birthday this weekend. We all felt badly for her that she was going through a hurricane on her birthday, so I quickly made brownies. We ate brownies in the gazeboand drank wine and vodka while hurricane winds were blowing around us .

I don't think it's going to be as bad as they initially anticipated. I might actually get to sleep through this. So, I'm heading to bed.

I'll post again tomorrow.

3 comments:

John said...

Houston avoided the worst weather from Rita, so it looks like you'll be OK! I'm glad you had a support group there as you rode out the storm.

A Girl From Texas said...

What a mess your commute to San Antonio must have been!

I'm glad that it isn't as bad as it could have been but I was pretty prepared for the worst!

John said...

It wasn't as bad as you heard on TV. We took back roads on Wednesday night, and we made it to S.A. in five hours.