Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rita jitters

Music: None-talking heads on NBC
Mood: Concerned

I have a friend who is trying to get me to leave my apartment and go stay with him and his family in Huntsville, TX. I really do think that I'll be ok but man he would not let up. He KNOWS everything and everything is doomed for failure. Everything is going to end in death and destruction. If he's right this time, it's just because he got lucky. But he says this about everything.

My brother is coming in to pick up my mother from Kingwood and is taking her to stay with him in Crocket. I thought about going to Kingwood and staying in her house; but really, I think I'm better off staying here. I actually think that it is sturdier here and I have a less chance of flooding, though I'm not but maybe 1/4 mile from the bayou. I made it just fine when Alison hit. We'll see.

It's quiet. I think at least 1/5 of my building has already left. I see people packing up their cars and anticipate that at least 1/3 of the residents in my building will be gone by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I wonder when we'll actually begin to see evidence of the approaching storm?

No comments: