Thursday, September 22, 2005

Calm before the storm

Music: None - silence - I want quiet for a while
Mood: Anxious

I was awake ths morning at 6:00. When I went to start my laundry, there was already one person ahead of me and two people came behind 10 minutes later. I thought I would be the only one.... There are about 1/3 of the people in my building staying beind.

My cats are sort of spooked by all the activity. Any I time I pull out the "kennel cab", one of my cats goes into hiding. All the activity, stuffing things in bags etc. it's making them somewhat nervous. They ain't seen nothing yet.

I think when things get started tomorrow, I'll put them in their carriers. That way if I have to flee, I don't have to leave them, I can take them with me.

My neighbor, Jackie, and I are tallying up the residents in our building so that we'll know who's here. I spoke with my neighbor, Jim, and he is up for draining the pool. So if we can't get building management to do it, we'll do it ourselves. We just want it down about 6 - 12".

It's so calm outside, though. The sun is shining, there isn't any wind at all. It's beautiful. I have my windows open bringing in the sun. I have a few more things to do, then I'm done. It just seems so overwhelming.

No comments: